Saturday, April 9, 2016

Shopping Ride

April 9, 2016

The truck is in the shop for repairs so the only mode of transportation available to me was my old Rocky Raleigh bike which I have been riding since the 80s. I usually ride 30 to 40 minutes in the morning staying in the area and not on the highway.


Today I road to Sobeys for eggs. The route I used is marked on the above map with red dots. (If you can see them!) After the Highway 7 stretch I turned onto regular streets and then through a neighbourhood community of Okotoks.


The path meandered through a green area between residential homes. 


People were out picking up after their dogs. I only saw one person walk/jogging.


 With all the cattails alone the banks I'll bet the summer is busy with Red Winded Black Birds. I saw one but he wouldn't stay in one place to get a picture. Had to settle for a Robin.



 
It was a good trip. I left at 8:50 am, got to Sobeys at 9:40 am, and returned home in Country Lane Estates by 10:40 am. Last stretch was into a wind - 25 to 35 Km gusts.




   So until next time remember to "Discover It and Live It".

2 comments: