Saturday, October 15, 2011

Lorraine's Impressions

Bronze Scout on his Horse

It is my turn to give my impressions of our stay in the Bow RiversEdge Campground in Cochrane Alberta.

We have been here one month now and and have accomplished a great deal in that we now have an Alberta identity. We are waiting for our Alberta Health card and driver's licence to be mailed to us at our new address in Calgary.



I have been establishing a medical doctor so I will be able to travel this winter. My other support team at the Britannia Bodyworks and Wellness Centre has also been working hard in getting me balanced. I feel this has been a very good move as I now have familiar professionals in one area who work together.


New housing area with walking path
before the houses are started
Every morning Randal & I go for long walks to set the tone of our day. We have learned some of the history of Cochrane and area. What really has impressed me are the numerous housing developments there are here. The first thing that is put in are paved walking paths and streets. Along the ditches they spread rich looking top soil to plant grass and trees. Then the homes are built. We walk somewhere new every week. The only thing we don't have is a dog, like so many other walkers have.



Morleyville Mission west of Cochrane



The camp site is interesting as everyday there are people coming and going. We have a few of our sister Open Range units roll in. The owners stop by to compare notes. We also visit them and share our experiences.



The weather in feeling more like fall as the morning temperature has dropped to -1 and may be going lower. However, it does get to a comfortable temperature during the day in the sun shine. Our furnace has kept us warm and cozy during the morning hours and it is hard to leave our bed in the mornings as it's always warm.

Ice on a twig on Big Hill Creek this morning

Cooking and baking in the travel trailer has not been a problem. I cook smaller amounts now, compared to when I lived in Buena Vista. No more knish baking!!!!

Alberta has a very good recycling program. The one in Cochrane has served us very well. The only thing I miss is the compost bins I had at 473 Grand Avenue. 



We will notify you of our next posting. Until next time, Discover it, live it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment